It is locked up after sign in it shows a graphic of a big…

Customer Question
It is locked up...

It is locked up after sign in it shows a graphic of a big locked padlock and a message "To download and use Andriod apps, first you need to install update. While your device is updating you can't use it. Your Chromebook will restart after installation completes.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

C100PA?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Asus C100P Notebook PC. It won't let me in to see the operating system.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your C100P?

It is locked up and I can't get into the settings to see.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your C100P? Have you installed any updates recently?

I don't believe that I have. It has just been dormant for a while.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so, except I believe it is the flip model.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/4/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 7 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-lkrvm5o4-,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. If it has been connected to the Internet and you have given it time to update and it is still frozen, you may want to do a hard reset. Note***you may lose the contents of your downloads folder*** Below are the instructions:

Reset your Chromebook hardware
To fix some Chromebook problems, you might need to reset your Chromebook hardware, also called a hard reset.

Try a hard reset only after other ways to fix the problem have failed. It will restart your Chromebook hardware (like your keyboard and touchpad), and might delete some files in your Downloads folder.

Hard reset your Chromebook
For most Chromebooks, follow the steps below:

Turn off your Chromebook.
Press Refresh Refresh + Power Power.
Other ways to hard reset
For some Chromebooks, you reset the hardware by pressing a special reset button, unplugging the power cable, or removing and re-inserting the battery. If you see your device in this list, follow the steps to reset its hardware.

Please reply and let me know if that helped and we can go to next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert