I think it went to sleep during an update and now I cannot…

Customer Question
I think it went...

I think it went to sleep during an update and now I cannot open any programs

Technician's Assistant: What are you having trouble accessing or opening?

Settings, Chrome, anything really

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP pavilion, windows10

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

Last night i left it running a windows upgrade but today it is dead. It opens as far as the icons on the screen but nothing opens

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/4/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since this morning (French time - 3pm now)
No, I'd rather not.

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris