Recently I had to assist with downloading Norton Anit-Virus…

Customer Question
Recently I had James...

Recently I had James to assist with downloading Norton Anit-Virus plus a couple of other issues. Since then I had not used the printer. Now as I am trying to print it keeps connecting to a HP printer. I have an Epson xp-600. I am finding it difficult to have this printer recognised.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your HP printer: wirelessly or by USB?

It is not a HP printer, it's an Epson and connect is wirelessly. Prior to installation of Norton never an issue.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Maybe 30 minutes ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No this is my main concern as I say it was never an issue prior to installation of Norton. When I get into print and it comes up with the box it only features HP printer and does not allow me to change, if that makes sense.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/4/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

the printer is connected on a wireless network on which router i need to know the make/model

Telstra Netgear 4982
No I think I will go elsewhere. This was never an issue prior to James installing Norton. I'm disappointed that there were no checks re other components.
Tech Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Would you mind if we began a secure remote assistance session? By doing that, I am able to connect with you and work on resolving the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and headache, especially if you are not fluent with technical terms or computer/software repairs.

The secure remote session is 100% guaranteed. We can begin the session now, at a time of your choosing, or you can reply and tell me you would rather just get instructions from me here