The plug symbol lights up and the battery is fully charge,

Customer Question
The plug symbol lights...

The plug symbol lights up and the battery is fully charge, but the X400 won’t boot up for the screen to come on. I can see all the preliminary instructions and the Lenovo square and then the little circle keeps turning but the screen stays black.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your X400?

I believe it was fully charged when I shut it down in Boston and packed it to come this morning to Los Angeles. When I turned it on, just a black screen. I left it charging (I think) for three hours and then tried to turn on again and it’s same black screen.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

Yes, I held it for twenty seconds with the battery in and then out. I thought it was fixed because I saw a “please wait” instruction below the Lenovo square but again to a black screen.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Phone Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***. I will talk to anyone who can help me. I need this laptop (using my IPAD now) and don’t want to have to junk it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
This site is very confusing. Is someone working on my problem, will I receive it by email, will someone call me. Should I go to bed and deal with this tomorrow, or take the laptop to some repair place?
1/4/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Just started when I tried to restart last night.?
How can you connect to my device when it has black screen and I can’t see how to let you in.
Your site is ridiculous. I informed you last night that I was going to sleep. You still responded with a question about “how long” and remote access (to a black screen). This morning no response at all when I restarted questions. Can I get a refund of the charge to my account.

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

Forget about this work order.. you didn’t respond for three days. I took my laptop to a local repair guy and he fixed it, need new battery.

I'm sorry, I just got online, it looks like all the experts were offline also.

Sorry!