I have 'moved' 5 video files that I personally created this…

Customer Question
I have 'moved' 5 video...
I have 'moved' 5 video files that I personally created this morning, from my Samsung Galaxy 6S to a new 64GB android fitting pen drive.
the first 2 video files relocated just fine, but the other 3 didn't and won't open, saying the codec is not readable.
The 3 files are showing content of approx 220mb which would be correct but Im not able to play the last 3 videos!Q; How can i restore or play the 3 videos now ONLY on my Pendrive?(i regret not making a copy to then move but want to reduce storage on my phone so opted to JUST move the files!)Please help me!thank you
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/4/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

On what computer or device are you trying to play the video files that are stored on the pen drive?

What file format are the movies in?

I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 3file format for all 5 video files = MP4cheers

Is the pen drive connected to the Surface, or some other device?

If you move the movies back to the Surface, do they open ok from there?

Pen drive is currently attached to Surface.... the other end of the pen drive attached to Android!
When I tried to view it again back on the phone , off the pen drive it didn't work.

So the pen drive is attached to both devices at once?

What is the make and model number of the pen drive?

No not at the same time! You can directly ACCESS one device at a time.

Ok, I was confused by your previous statement "Pen drive is currently attached to Surface.... the other end of the pen drive attached to Android" - it sounded as though the pen drive was attached to the surface and the Android!...

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.