I'm using a Dell laptop purchased in 2010 for a small

Customer Question
I'm using a Dell...

I'm using a Dell laptop purchased in 2010 for a small municipality. It's been suggested that I have it checked out, tuned up, etc. The only time I've had communication with Dell since the purchase was to get a new battery in 2016. I was given a customer number 25950702, the service tag # is C8F08N1. My name is ***** *****, with the City of Brazos Country. How do I proceed?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Dell?

Vostro 3700

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Vostro? Have you installed any updates recently?

Nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

We are preparing for a new billing system and before we work with the vendor I wanted to be sure this computer is ok. I was asked to find out the cost of a virus check and tune up.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Can we set up a secure remote session so that I can connect to your screen and carry out a comprehensive cleanup of the laptop now?