I don't know what password I originally put in so I can't…

Customer Question
I don't know what...

I don't know what password ***** originally put in so I can't change the password.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

My password ***** Apple ID and ICloud.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I purchased a new computer about two months ago and had help setting up passwords. It was then I put in a new password.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, but not knowing the original password ***** kept getting it wrong! I'm 90 years old!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to be able to use ICloud to receive and send messages. That's basically my problem. ICloud is locked.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available. Your Apple ID is normally your email address which is associated with apple.