I have a Vestro 200 model; service tag 7RY7HF that I use…

Customer Question
I have a Vestro...

I have a Vestro 200 model; service tag 7RY7HF that I use only to make additions to a Yearly Planner that is on that computer. This particular program could not be transfered to a new Dell that I purchased with Windows 7 on it. The tower on the Vestro appears to be stuck in sleep mode and I can't open the computer. I've unplugged it from the wall a couple of times,tried the tower, replugged the computer and tried to start it again to no avail. It there anything that can be done. I realize it's a very old machine '08, but I will never be able to reproduce that yearly planner.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

The computer won't start when I push the button on the tower. Im 82 years old and not "whippy" with technology.

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have?

Model Vostro 200

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know. I just want to open the computer so I can make corrections to the program

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Try pressing and holding the power button in for about 10 seconds and let me know if it boots or makes any noise.