I forgot my windows password. Getting into my computer I am…

Customer Question
I forgot my windows...

I forgot my windows password

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

Getting into my computer I am locked out because I forgot my windows passwords

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the version of Windows?

HP envy

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Yesterday I just got back from vacation

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Please hold down the power button for 4 - 5 seconds until you hear the computer shut down and

after a few seconds, turn it back on. There could be a pending Windows update that is causing this

and this would force it to complete.

I cannot get past my log in for any other screens

Thank you. Can you tell me what version of Windows is on your computer.

No one can connect to a computer that isn't logged in to.

How can I get around the psssword issuue

That depends on which version of Windows is on the computer.

When you look at the login screen, do you see an email address in small characters on the screen?

Thank you. Hold down the power button to shut the computer down.

After a few seconds turn it on and as soon as you see the HP logo, start tapping the F11 key about once per second.

This will pull up a recovery screen.

From top to bottom, please tell me what it says.

Welcome recovery mgr
Micro sys restore
Micro startup repair
System recovery

Thank you. Running system recovery will set the computer back to the way it was when new.

Have your user files been backed up?