I have forgotten my yahoo password and my phone number has…

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my yahoo password ***** my phone number has changed

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

My phone number has changed so much but when the account was set up I think i used home phone(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

The account key needs turned off but anything i go to do requires me getting into the account

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This can be very tricky to get around and sometimes not possible if you never updated your recovery options.

If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in without verifying it is yours. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password.

Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

What I would suggest you try is seeing if you can update your recovery options by following the instructions on the link I provide you below.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

Here is the link to try and update the recovery options on both the computer and ipad or iphone https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2058.html