Got call microsoft is out of date and need place a hundrad…

Customer Question
Second opinion] got call...

Second opinion] got call microsoft is out of date and need place a hundrad dollars over to get it back up and running or you are going to close down my pc. WHAT?

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is having screen issues?

I dont know got call to give a hundard dollars or thy going toturn off my pc is all I know everytuhing likes to be working fine please check for me.

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have no idea or were to find info.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Got call 5 min. ago and then got in touch with you I dont trustcalls anymore

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Keeps telling me Iam short on space but I dont know what todo about that ethe

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This is absolutely a scam, it is very well known and we see this type of tech support scam often. Microsoft or any legitimate company would ever contact you this way. Your computer does not report its status to anyone. Usually what will happen is once you are in contact with them they will lie to you about issues that your computer does not have such as it is being hacked or has viruses. They will then attempt to charge you many hundreds of dollars to fix the fake issues. Nothing is out of date and your computer will continue to work fine. If they call again just hang up. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.