I need help transferring files from old computer to new. Old…

Customer Question
I need help transferring...

I need help transferring files from old computer to new

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Old is a HP Windows 10 new is Lenovo Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Lenovo has a transfer program that asks for PIN number on old system. Settings shows no PIN number. I called support with Lenovo and they want $100.00 to transfer. Is that the only way to get this done?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

My speaker doesn't work on this computer.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem. I will be happy to assist you with it. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

I'm sorry, but if you don't know the pin number that the app is asking for, there is no fast and easy way to get this done. I can do this for you for less than $100. I can do it for approximately $75 total. It will take quite some time depending on how many files you have. Please let me know if you'd like to proceed.

I will pay that if I have to.

Do you see an option to request SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE? If so, please request and I will accept and will provide instructions for getting us connected. I'll need to connect to the old computer first.

Is the $39 over and above the $75?

No, it's not additional. I included in that in the estimated total. It will be within a dollar or so of $75

Andy, Computer Consultant