Unable to access statements at the Citi website. they say I…

Customer Question
Unable to access statements...

Unable to access statements at the Citi website. they say I have to

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Citi software?

I tried to send you what they said to do in settings for pdf

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Set pdf to turn on download pdf, but that didn't work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
software and OS were recently updated. But the change to Chrome settings was done after those updates
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 1 month ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-s3ckonix,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Can you please provide me with the full details of the issue you are experiencing, as well as any steps you have already taken and errors you may be receiving. Then we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Using Chrome to access statements at Citi, the message is that statements are not available. To solve this, Citi advised that the Chrome settings must be changed for pdf files to be downloaded. I did that, but still receive the same result. even after having made the change to Chrome and rebooting
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you still working on this?

First, to determine whether this actually is a Chrome issue, can you test by trying using a different browser?

Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
already done. it works with microsoft browser

Ok, let me review what you sent. Please give me a moment.

After following the steps she sent, please ensure the browser is completely closed, with no other windows or tabs open. You may even want to restart the computer. Also, is your computer a PC or a Mac?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
device is pc with windows 10. As I said, the instructions were followed. After which all programs were closed, and the pc rebooted.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey Sheri, should we just agree that you and Chrome and Citi don't have an answer?

In the same area where she had you make the changes, instead of PDF, check the javascript, flash, images and pop ups sections and make sure they are set to allow. These settings sometimes interfere, as well. As before, be sure to back out of the settings with the arrow and then close all browser windows and retest.

regards,

Sheri-Expert

Please be aware, I am actively monitoring your question, however, in the system, it takes time to receive, compose and send you a reply. This is why there may be a bit of delay sometimes.

Let me know if the prior steps solved your issue. Otherwise, we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok, will give it a shot and see if that's the answer. Thanks for your help.

You're very welcome. i will wait to hear back.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
same result. did not work.

Thanks for the update. You can also try to reset the Chrome browser settings to default. Click on the 3 dots to get into the tools, settings, advanced, reset.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
won't resetting the Chrome browser settings to default remove all of the Citi solutions (as well as yours) we've input?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey Sheri, are we still connected?

It will put the browser back to it's default settings. Since after applying the solutions has not worked, this is the next step to try, unless you have other customization you cannot recreate. This often fixes security and access issues. You can test after the reset and then if it doesn't work, apply their fix again and see if it works. I could understand if the PDF wouldn't open or something like that, but it's odd that their banking site indicates to you that there is no pdf available to download. That sounds like an incompatibility of their site with Chrome. The next step is the browser reset if you wish to.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand what you're saying. However, if Citi says it's an incompatibility issue with Chrome on their site and the fix is as they say then I believe that resetting Chrome to default is not going to work(as they say it should with their fix).

What I mean is that their site may not be optimized for Chrome. I am not sure of this. Resetting a browser to default is quite common to remove issues that may develop and these quirky problems. You indicated you changed the settings, as advised in their fix and it did not work, still. So, the next step is to reset the browser, test and then you can still change the settings again that they suggested, if needed, with just a few clicks. This will just get you back to a fresh base without potentially other factors contributing.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok. will give it a go. as you say maybe the answer is just a few clicks away.

Sounds good. Let's hope so. I am just trying to remove any unnecessary variables.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I just wanted to follow up to see if that resolved your issue. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert