I have a new iPad and my grand daughter wants my old one.

Customer Question
What do I do for...
I have a new iPad and my grand daughter wants my old one. What do I do for security? I have a new iPad and my granddaughter wants my old iPad. My new one has all the info transferred already. How can I so this security? And I actually have a second question. Before I changed I pads I keep greeting a message to update my iCloud from another device. What's up and what should I do?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

.

What you are going to want to do, is a full restore of the iPads original firmware, which will make it as if it was brand new again so you can give it to your granddaughter and she can set it up with her own information. As far as the other device message, you can ignore it as you are going to be wiping the device clean.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,

I cant get it to work for me. I hav iTunes up but when I press and hold the power and home buttons for a minute and half nothing comes up except the iTunes and power ensignias

Start with the iPad being off, and make sure it is connected to your computer with the cord.

Not worth another $39 I’ll get the hammer out, I guess
I would like a refund if we can’t work this out

You are not being charged anything extra.

Those are just the sites offers for remote support, or a phone call, neither of which I recommend in this situation.

Ok, so, here's what we can do. I was trying ot give you the method that would wipe the entire device, update it, and clear it at the same time. But, the person you are giving it to can update it, so if you follow these steps, you will at least clear all your data off of it:

1. Open the Settings App
  2. Choose General
  3. Choose Reset
  4. Then tap Erase All Content and Settings.

I hope you have a wonderful day,

Now it wont accept my pss code. Good by$
Ok, then we need to follow the first set of instructions I gave you. And remember to make sure it is connected to the computer.