I have forgot my pin on my note 8 and wanted to see if I can…

Customer Question
Hello, I have...

Hello, I have forgot my pin on my note 8 and wanted to see if I can retrieve it or reset it without loosing my data?

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

I am locked out of my note 8 phone

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Last night

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

That would be great

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. IF you have forgotten your pin your only option is to reset the device to factory settings and set it up again. The pinched is stored ONLY on the device, not in the cloud, and can't be reset if you are unable to get into the phone. There is hope however, for retaining at least some of your data. You should have a Google account associated with your phone. Please log in to that Google account on another device. Pdf it was setup correctly you should see your photos and contacts in the Google Cloud.

https://photos.google.com

https://contacts.google.com

Please check and see if you see your information there and let me know.

Okay they are all there

Great! Now you can reset your note to Factory Settings. As long as you set it up using the same Google account that you are currently using, all of your info should flow back to your phone. Also, any apps that you have downloaded from the Google Play store should s=be available to re-download. Do you know how to reset the note to Factory settings?

thank you

You're very welcome. Please let me now if I can be of further assistance.

Would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. If you have any other questions or if you need more help, just let me know. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!