Utter frustration with Microsoft! I have three or four

Customer Question
Utter frustration with Microsoft...

Utter frustration with Microsoft! I have three or four different passwords for Microsoft none of which are accepted. When I try to reset the password, it requires a code sent to a 'phone number I no longer have and does not provide a means of changing or up-dating information. An added complication, I suppose, I have moved permanently to Portugal. The Microsoft process is wholly circular! To get a reset password ***** have provide an acceptable password ***** all those one has are rejected!

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

It has been six months+ since I left the US and acquired a Portuguese phone number. In fact, two of them.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

What factory? I've never heard of this. And, a caution, I am not clever with technology and particularly that of computers.

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes! Is this a free service of Mircrosoft. If not what charges am I incurring? And, will this get me to the Microsoft security people to correct all the obsolete data I have been trying to correct?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

God knows! I have been unable to access Microsoft for at least six months and probably more. After a time, I simply gave up. Their security system is "circular" in that to find the answer to a question you must first provide an answer with no means of discovery. The problem is not with my computer but with the bizarre system Microsoft uses to secure its various offerings. All I want to do is buy one of their software programs but I am kept out.
Simply get me reliably to my "security profile"so I can alter obsolete telephone numbers and addresses. This, then migh allow me to change my password.
Is anybody still there? I don't need a technician to fiddle with the computer but I do need someone who knows how to access the Microsoft security site. If you can't do this please say so.

Is this a personal or business account?

It is a personal account.

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris