I spilt some peach juice into my laptop this morning. I did…

Customer Question
I spilt some peach...

I spilt some peach juice into my laptop this morning. I did something similar several months ago which you fixed. I lost the use of my keys (the letter I struck did not show that letter but several letters ) but everything seems to be working again

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

ASUSPRO and I don't know the OS

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have tried nothing more than soaking up the peach juice and switching off the laptop. On turning it on again now, several hours later, it seems to be functioning properly. My concern is will the spilt peach juice affect its function

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, will I need to pay a fee to connect

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 6 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

Hi there, are you still having issues with your laptop?

10 Steps to Saving Your Laptop After a Spill

1. First and foremost, turn it off. Time is of the essence here, so if need be, go ahead and do a hard shutdown. If you can, remove the battery as if liquid reaches the battery, it will short out.
  2. Next, remove any cables, external drives, removable bays, and external Network Cards. You don’t want your laptop to be connected to anything.
  1. Then quickly, but carefully, blot up excess liquid with a soft cloth – preferably a lint-free absorbent fabric. Be sure not to use a wiping motion as that just pushes the liquid around. This is where that “just in case” cloth comes in handy.
  2. Blot up the liquid that may have gotten on the removable media.
  1. Tilt the laptop from side to side to allow the liquid to drain out. Do this gently; do not shake the laptop.
  2. Place upside down so that any excess liquid that you couldn't reach will drain out.
  3. If you have access to one, use a blow dryer on the coolest setting or can of compressed air to get into those nooks and crannies. Carefully dry the laptop with the cool air while still upside down to let the liquid drain. Pay special attention to the keyboard and the parts you removed. Keep the blow dryer or compressed air moving.
  4. The minimum recommended drying time is one hour, but it leaving the laptop to dry for at least 24 hours is preferred.
  5. Once your laptop has had time to dry, reattach the removable components and start up the laptop. If it starts up with no problems, then run some programs and try using the external media to ensure that everything is working properly.
  6. If the laptop does not start up or there are other problems, it is time to take your laptop to a certified repair service. If your laptop is still under warranty, you should follow those procedures first.
  • If you have access to one, use a blow dryer on the coolest setting or can of compressed air to get into those nooks and crannies. Carefully dry the laptop with the cool air while still upside down to let the liquid drain. Pay special attention to the keyboard and the parts you removed. Keep the blow dryer or compressed air moving.
  • The minimum recommended drying time is one hour, but it leaving the laptop to dry for at least 24 hours is preferred.
  • Once your laptop has had time to dry, reattach the removable components and start up the laptop. If it starts up with no problems, then run some programs and try using the external media to ensure that everything is working properly.
  • If the laptop does not start up or there are other problems, it is time to take your laptop to a certified repair service. If your laptop is still under warranty, you should follow those procedures first.

I hope these steps help you in rectifying your issue. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

If you are satisfied please mark this as answered, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.