I am trying to activate the Word program on my PC but it…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to activate the Word program on my PC but it keep saying it sent me a code number to put in but It never appear in my e-mail msg box

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of at this time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Do you have Word as part of an Office 365 subscription?

Have you looked in your spam/junk mail folder for the code number?

I looked in the Spam /junk folder . I have not signed up for the office 365 subscription, however I thought the word was the same as the 365 subscription. Byron as you may can tell that I am not that good of a computer operator. I am 84 years of age and is not that knowledgeable in this area. my former Dell computer crashed approx. one month ago and it had the Micr.

Hi. Word is one of the programs included in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.

Office 365 is Microsoft's name for Microsoft Office now.

Did you get a new computer and Word was pre-installed?

If that's the case, it appears the 30 day trial period has ended.