My PC has locked me out and I have forgotten my password. I…

Customer Question
My PC has locked...

My PC has locked me out and I have forgotten my password. I am sending this message from my lap-top

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Probook657ob - but my laptop is not the PC that is locked.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

Both my laptop and the other computer (PC) that has locked me out are set for automatic updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, the name of the PC that has locked me out and requires a password ***** ***** Mediom AMD A8

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Do you mean, you have forgotten the password ***** Windows login?

I left my desktop computer on overnight and this morning it had a locked screen requiring a password ***** access. I have not had a locked screen before and I do not k now any password ***** it.

OK, did you power off the PC and power it on again?