I haven’t used my laptop in at least a year and now I can…

Customer Question
I haven’t used my...

I haven’t used my laptop in at least a year and now I can not find my sign in password. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Where do I find that at?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

Not recently

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just need to get into it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com site. My name is ***** ***** I will try my best to help you.

Which version of windows is installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7,windows 8, Windows 10?

Are you using a online microsoft account or local user account to sign in to windows ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Thank you.

Use local line think it is 10
If I can

Since your computer is locked i cannot access it but we can continue in this chat page.

Do you mean you use local user account to sign in to windows 10?

When it shows incorrect password ***** it show password ***** or a password ***** web address?

It shows nothing and I must leave now. Will try to get more info before I call back

Before you go.

If you are using local user account only one option which is to reset windows 10 this will erase everything in it and re-install windows like a new system is that OK with you? if so i can give you the instructions on how to do it now which you can do when you are back.

Checking to see whether you still need help.

Thank you.