I received a Google Home Mini for Christmas upon setting it…

Customer Question
I received a Google...

I received a Google Home Mini for Christmas upon setting it up we get as far as putting a pass word in for my network but every time it sys wrong pass word I have tride every pass word I have or have ever had and still the same results cant go any further

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

The set up for the devise

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

It is a HP lap top with Windows 10 OS.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not tat I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is your Windows 10 laptop connected to the same wi-fi network you want

to join the Google Home mini to?

You can recover the wi-fi password ***** your Windows 10 computer. That way you can be absolutely certain

you are entering the correct password ***** the Google mini.

Here are the steps to get

your network security key/wi-fi password ***** a Windows 10, 8 or 7

computer that is already connected to your wireless network.

On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key to the left of the spacebar

and press R.

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: ncpa.cpl and click OK

The Network Connections window will open.

Right-click on your Wi-Fi icon (the one with the green bars)

and select Status.

Click the Wireless Properties box.

In the Wireless Properties window, click the Security tab at the top.

Put a checkmark in the Show Characters box.

What you see to the right of Network Security Key is your wireless password.

It is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as you see it on your screen.

Let me know the result please.

Hi. Were you able to recover your wi-fi password ***** get the mini connected?