I have the hp 6005 pro model, at restart I get 5 beeps on my…

Customer Question
I have the hp...

I have the hp 6005 pro model, at restart I get 5 beeps on my computer, and

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

The 6005 pro, and Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

About a month, only tried resrart.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

What's your fee?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
1/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer replied 7 months ago
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer

Hi, I am John, welcome to JustAnswer.com

The 5 beeps is a memory or motherboard problem.

I would remove all but one of the memory modules and test each one individually and find the one (s) that may be bad.

If the PC beeps 5 times with all of the single memory modules tested at a time, then you can pretty much bet the motherboard is shot and not all of the memory chips.

Please let me know if you can check the memory modules one at a time.

Please remember I don't work for the manufacturer, so please do not leave me a negative feedback if you are not happy with them.

A good feedback is appreciated, that's the only way for me to get paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again.

Also, please click REPLY if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

JOHN

Is it best to replace motherboard, especially if this has occurred before.

It depends, if the memory sticks are good, then yes, it would be best to replace the motherboard.

Did you try removing the memory modules and leaving only one at a time?

I want be able to check them until tomorrow morning, I'm at work.

OK, thank you!