I seem to be caught in a circular mess with my password. You…

Customer Question
Hello. I seem to...

Hello. I seem to be caught in a circular mess with my password. You keep asking me to change it, saying that it looks like someone is trying to use my account.What is going on?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenovo laptop. Came with Windows 8, now using Windows 10, which is when alll o the problems began. Slowed down, then this mess with passwprds.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!

I was a bit surprised at the cost, but I must get this fixed. It is preventing me from using some of my programs properly.
Thanks, let's do it!

Which account are you referring to?

Publisher for one. Mainly it keeps asking me to sign in, then tells me I need a new password ***** and over.

Publisher the program?

A website?

Please be more specific.

Publisher is a program; I thought that you would be familiar with it. Sorry.

Yes, I understand the program but there are also other forms of "publisher"

What type of password ***** you referring to?

The screen message is "There is a problem with your Microsoft Account." When I go in to see what is wrong it won't take my password, so I change it, as directed and then I keep getting the same message, over and over again. When I was in Publisher, trying to put a one page compilation of photos and captions I was notified that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. Same result as above. i have two email addresses,***@******.*** and***@******.***. Same reuslts with either account.

Are you able to successfully change the password ***** the reset option?

It says it is fine and then asks me to reset it.
That's where the circular comes in. I change it and then it keeps asking me to change it again. The note says that it looks like someone is trying to use my Microsoft account, and that I shsould change my password. It does this over and over again!!