My husbands I phone is telling him that his iPhone is linked…

Customer Question
My husbands I phone...

My husbands I phone is telling him that his iPhone is linked to an Apple ID. It is asking for his Apple ID and password ***** was used to set up his phone but he can not remember his password. It is telling him that activation islocked

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Can not remember may be a year

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Would I just type that in on my I pad

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: cvd4311, Computer Analyst replied 6 months ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst

You will have to go through Itunes to unlock the phones account, if you have it backed up to Itunes. You can also do it through recovery mode:

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
    • iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
    • Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.
  3. If you can not do any of the above you can take it to an Apple Store and they will release the lock.

Please keep me posted.