The volume control on the side of my asus laptop is weird.

Customer Question
The volume control on...

The volume control on the side of my asus laptop is weird. when i try to adjust the volume using the button on the right side of the computer, Task Manager pops up on the screen

Technician's Assistant: Is this happening with internal or external speakers?

Internal

Technician's Assistant: Did you try updating the sound driver on your Asus laptop?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The computer is only a few months old

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

I would recommend updating the drivers first.

What is the exact model number of your computer?

Also, what operating system (such as Windows 10) is running on the computer?

I believe the model number is 01523VGTB1
It's running Windows 10
how would i update the driver?

You would download the updated drivers from the ASUS website.

I can give you a link to the driver download however the model number you provided is not valid.

Are there other numbers you can provide which may be the model number?

Model # T102HA

Thank you, ***** ***** moment....

Please click the link below to open the driver download page:

click here

Click the Drivers tab, then select Windows 10 in the "Please select OS" drop down box.

Then download the audio driver, the ATK driver, the BIOS update and the Utilities driver for ASUS keyboard lock. Double click on each driver file after download and follow the prompts to complete the installation. Once they are installed, reboot the computer then test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

The files wont run telling me the permissions are too weak

Right click on each file and click Run as Administrator and then they should run.

Did the Run as Administrator resolve the permissions issue?

Do you still need assistance?