I exited a document I chose not to save. can I retrieve the…

Customer Question
I exited a document...

I exited a document I chose not to save. can I retrieve the work I had

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Microsoft word

Technician's Assistant: Is your Word file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Usually even if auto-save is not enabled, there are ways to retrieve content that was not saved.

What version of Microsoft Word are you using?

My name is David.

Microsoft word 2010

Ok, thanks.

Click on the Office icon on the upper right of the window
Click on Word Options (or Excel Options, Powerpoint Options, etc.) at the bottom right of the dropdown menu.
Navigate to the "Save" tab under Word Options
If the "Save AutoRecover information every" box is checked and the interval is 10 minutes or less, the file should have been auto-saved.
Next, note the Autorecover file location and navigate to that location in Windows Explorer and there you should find the auto-saved version of the document.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?