I have a laptop and use Windows 7. (I am a neophyte with…

Customer Question
I have a laptop...

I have a laptop and use Windows 7. (I am a neophyte with computers) BUT -- I have just found out that neither Firefox nor Google now support Shockwave games -- so two of my favourite games are all of a sudden inaccessible to me. WHAT DO I DO? your website says use Explorer or Safari (for Apples only?) And Explorer calls up Google for searching the internet. So WHAT BROWSER DO I USE TO GET MY GAMES?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your laptop?

I don't know what a network is -- I don't have one I don't think. and what is a Wi-Fi list and where is it?

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

As far as I can tell, I don't have a "router". (I had one until I moved to my daughter's basement, and now I am on their internet)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't remember what I told you except -- maybe I should say which games I'm missing -- one is Shape Solitaire -- and the other is a special form of Tetris -- of which Iove the graphics they have. (The little figures are rounded and look very nice and have nice colours, too)

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Which website, e.g. Pogo, were you using to access these games?

I think one is called Rick's Online Games. -- That's for the Tetris Game. The other is through MSN Games I think, because I sign in to with my email sign-in. That one is called Shape Solitaire.
I cannot afford $52.00.

PS: Please ignore any offer shown on this page; it's sent at the site's end and not by me. Typing up further steps now,

Now, you should be able to open all of these games using the INTERNET EXPLORER browser - once you open it up, could you try searching for these games using the Google page that comes up and check if they work?

I am annoyed that I have to pay anything at all to fix a problem that Firefox has caused on my computer. I did not do anything to cause this problem. Apparently Firefox is "updating" themselves again, and this is why I cannot access my games. They have decided (and did not give any reason why) to stop supporting these games. I tried to access the games through Explorer and what came up was a Google access page -- and the Firefox information said that Google does not support these games either. They suggested only Safari (for Apple computers?) or something else that I now forget. I am 88 years old and just want to play some nice games today. Thank you.
Am I supposed to keep this page open for 24 hours? I don't think I can do that. It will just delete itself which I have experienced in the past.
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!