I need to reset my Lenovo 13 Gen2 PC laptop (20J1). I set it…

Customer Question
Hi... I need to...

Hi... I need to reset my Lenovo 13 Gen2 PC laptop (20J1). I set it up incorrectly and now it is stuck on the login screen with no password ***** I cannot figure out how to move it into diagnostics mode

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Lenovo 13 Gen 2 (20J1) running Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Lenovo? Have you installed any updates recently?

...um, did you read what I wrote? No, I set it up incorrectly during initial setup. I cannot get past the login screen. So, no, no updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I need the secret method on how to reset the PC to factory defaults... while not having the ability to login and access Windows 10 or desktop

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/1/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Please do this on the laptop now:

At the logon screen, click on the Power icon at the bottom-right corner, and then HOLD down the Shift key and click "Restart" (while still holding down the key.)

Does this bring up a blue "Choose an option" screen?

If so, click Troubleshoot > Reset your PC. Next, click REMOVE EVERYTHING > JUST REMOVE MY FILES.

Follow any on-screen prompts if it appears; your system will be completely restored back to factory defaults thereafter, and you will be able to set up and use a new Microsoft account as well.

NOTE:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave today. Thank you,