I have a Lenovo G50-70, Model Name 20351 that I would like…

Customer Question
I have a Lenovo...

I have a Lenovo G50-70, Model Name 20351 that I would like to upgrade to 8 GB RAM or 16 GB RAM. Would that work and What do I need to get to do that?

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Model 20351; OS is 4 GB. Is that what you need?

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Is ok, but just slower that I would lilke.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I would like it to be faster. I has Windows 8 right now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
1/1/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-me3r72gz-,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue.

Below is a link to the Crucial Memory website. It has the specs for your laptop, as well as offers compatible memory for purchase. It is important to note that your computer has 2 banks of 1 module each. This means that overall, you have 2 independent memory slots. The maximum memory you can have in each slot is 8GB, so the total the laptop can support is 16 GB. In order to find out how much memory it currently has and whether you have both slots filled, just go to the link below and click on "scan your system"

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Lenovo/lenovo-g50-70

Please let me know if you have any questios.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 5 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert