I have a Thinkpad W500 model computer. I just replaced the…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Thinkpad W500 model computer. I just replaced the battery and after 2 hours it indicated it was fully charged. I turned off the computer, disconnected the charger, and attempted to restart it. Nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ThinkPad?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ThinkPad? Have you installed any updates recently?

Just the Microsoft recommended patches.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The battery light comes on half green/half yellow with the charger attached and then goes solid green. Then it will start up but unplugging the charger will kill it immediately.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/31/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. You may need to reset the battery stats?