I have a lenovo ideapad g850 running windows 10. (I am

Customer Question
I have a lenovo...

I have a lenovo ideapad g850 running windows 10. (I am writing on a samsung chrome book). basically only random things work but I can't open apps by mouse or manuall or enter text, etc. The prolem started yesterday afternon after I was propted to istall the latest Window 10 update,

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting the mouse: by USB or wirelessly?

Wireless but nothing works if i work manually from the keyboard

Technician's Assistant: Does moving the mouse closer to the receiver make any difference?

Just tried it - alas no

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/31/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

If the latest update is causing problems,

please perform these steps to roll it back:
Click the start menu button and open Settings (the gear icon)
click Update & Security.
From the vertical menu on the left side of the page click Recovery.
On the right side, under "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10"
click Get Started.
Select a reason for going back and follow the prompts to undo the update.
This should restore things to the way they were.
Let me know the result please.

click Update & Security.
click Get Started.
Let me know the result please.

I thought this first help was free?

Hi. You have engaged the services of JustAnswer.com, a paid support site.

Hi. Were you able to get the update rolled back and things back to normal?

Byron, I contacted microsoft on line. I was passed on to Justanwer. Before giving me an answer, I was required to provide credit card info to leave a $5 deposit but THE FIRST SESSION WAS FREE. When I got your earlier response, it did not work but was told I could have someone take over the computer - a process I am familiar with - but it would cost $39. Not interested but there was no way to indicate this so I just closed the site. I am not pleased. I expect the $5 taken from my credit card and certainly want cancel any monthly commitement I might have made of which I am unaware. I got no help and I expect to be charged for nothing. I need you to confirm this so that I don't have to resort to blocking payment. Frank *

Hi. Since you never accepted the Secure Remote offer you were never charged for it.

I'm an expert here who responds to customer questions.

Customer Service handle billing and payments. You can contact them at(###) ###-####/p>

Reference the Order ID # at the bottom right of this page when calling. Thank you.