Need to change my password. Need to know how to change my…

Customer Question
Need to change my...

Need to change my password.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

Need to know how to change my Paypal password.

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update PayPal?

About 6 months ago.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your PayPal?

I do not quite understand your question.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks for your help.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To change your PayPal password:

1. Go to www.paypal.com.
  2. Click Log In at the top of the page.
  3. Click Having trouble logging in? (*do NOT close out of this window or you'll need to restart the password ***** process.)
  4. Type the email address you use for PayPal and click Next.
  5. Select Receive an email so we can confirm this is your account, and click Next.
  6. Enter the 6-digit security code we sent to your email (you may need to check or junk or spam folder) and click Continue.
  7. Select another way of confirming it's you, and click Next.
  8. After going through this last security check, create a new password (type it twice) and click Update.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating.

Pete.

I received 4 emails, but no security code (not even in Spam).
This is just not working for me.

Ok, there are other options that you can try...

Do you want to continue?

If email isn't working then you can reset your password ***** phone:

1. Go to www.paypal.com.
  2. Click Log In at the top of the page.
  5. Select Have us call you so we can confirm this is your account, and click Next.
  6. You will see a code on the next screen. Use it when you get our call.
  7. Create a new password (type it twice) and click Update.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Pete.

--------------------

I am out $12 on what should have been a simple procedure.

Did the reset work for you?

No.

What happened when you tried the phone option?

I became so frustrated with your company that I went to Paypal and did it myself for free. You turned something simple into an exercise in futility: 8 emails, no code and added expense. Your system made your engineer look bad.

Is there anything else I can help you with at all?

When I get a refund I will give a rating.

Did you request a refund from customer services?