Computer wont turn on. Not starting up when I press the

Customer Question
Computer wont turn on ...

Computer wont turn on

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

Not starting up when I press the power button

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Surface pro 4 windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Surface Pro? What have you tried so far?

Only started today Have tried about 4 times The screen comes on with Surface then goes black and nothing else happens

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No Have not been having any p[roblems up to date

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

how old is the surface pro?

Less than 12 months
I cannot turn the device on for you to connectto it
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hello:

Happy New Year!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!

No it was not resolved. I cannot turn on the device so you cannot connect remotely

Please ignore the automated offer by our system for remote assistance.

The bad news is that the tablet will need to be repaired/replaced but the good news is that it is under warranty. Please call Microsoft at 1(###) ###-####to start the process.

Expensive answer

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.