I am currently in the midst creating a profile on an acting…

Customer Question
I am currently in...

I am currently in the midst creating a profile on an acting site that asks me to enter my Chrome password. Is it the same as my Google password?

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

A acting site asks me for my Chrome password, I suspect for privacy. Do you think a Goggle password ***** be sufficient?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

MacBook Air OS

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Sorry, is it me or do I find it odd that a website is asking for your own personal chrome password? I am not sure also, that by stating a "chrome" password ***** your password ***** your computer or your google gmail password. Either one I would say would be a scam and not to do it. Maybe I can remote into your mac and you can show me this part of the profile creation but from what you typed so far sounds like a scam to get your computer password ***** some reason. Let me know.

I WILL MAKE SURE THAT I HAVE ENTERED MY GOOGLE PASSWORD ***** AND GET BACK TO YOU IF I STILL HAVE TROUBLE. THANK YOU.

OK your welcome. BUt I really don't think you should be giving anyone your password *****

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.