I moved a few years ago and tried to connect my new ipad…

Customer Question
I moved a few...

I moved a few years ago and tried to connect my new ipad with my wifi but the password ***** was using was invalid. Is that because I moved? I will also need to set a new wifi password. Thank you!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have never changed my wifi password, but I changed my apple ID password ***** a year ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. I am not savvy with computers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. just need the help resetting my wifi password. thank you!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Ok

There is a possibility that when you moved you set up new internet service which means a new internet modem and possibly a new wifi router. If this is the case then yes, your wifi network name and password ***** be different.

Do you know if you use a new internet modem and wifi router then before?

Is your internet company a different company?

If all is new then you would have to get your internet wifi network name and password ***** the ones that set it up. Sometimes depending on the internet company they may have a sticker on the back of the wifi router or modem that has the network name (SSID) and/or password ***** you to use. That or they handed you the information.

I think the routers and internet modem are new but it’s still with comc
Comcast
Ok. Am I charged the $47 for your help?

Yes, then new equipment would mean new network name and password. Comcast should have supplied you with the network name and password ***** then you can change the password ***** what you would like to remember as the one they give you is generic. No I can give you the customer service info to make sure on any chargers for this ok.

Customer service

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.

Ok thanks, Jon!