I need help with my account! I received an email about

Customer Question
I need help with...

I need help with my account! I received an email about 31,000 dollars being sent! I have done nothing of the sort. Carol M. Smith

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Tablet or iphone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just saw it on my email and then tried to fill in the information you all requested and then it had a selection for next and it wouldn’t go any further

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but I’m frantic! Please help me

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
12/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com site. My name is ***** ***** I will try my best to help you.

It looks like a scam email.Does it asked you to give your personal info and bank account details or email account details or both ?

Are you using a windows or mac computer?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in itand click on send.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has a transaction ID
QQJVGYH6FUP5vGPSLAKN

That doesn't mean its genuine.Did you request for any such payment?

Please answer my above questions too.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I didn’t authorize anything! The email came out of the blue and I haven’t even been on pay pal
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I shouldn’t have to pay anything for this! I didn’t do anything! I have nobody to help me! I’m a widow

Sir/Ma'am this is justanswer which is a paid and independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. We do not have any tie up with any companies but we can also help you fix the issue you are facing. We have been online for more than 10 years and we have A+ rating from Better Business Bureau which you can check using this link https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403#bbbseal Please let me know whether you wish to continue with our tech support or not.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought pay pal helped with things like this! I’m on an ipad

You do not need to take the secure remote assistance offer its not send by me.You can ignore and continue in this page.The only charge is the amount you deposited for this question at the beginning.Shall we continue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please!

OK

Does the sender of the email also asks you to give your personal info and bank account details or email account details or both ?

could you please copy paste the details in the email also senders email address in this chat page and send it to me so that i can check its real or not.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can’t copy and paste, but I can send it to you off my phone

Not necessary let me know the following.

Let me know the senders email address .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It just says from PayPal
No address
Just says if I did not authorize this Transaction to log into PayPal account and verify info

When is the last time you used paypal account and have you tried to login to your paypal account after you got this email?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t use PayPal I buy everything with my credit card

Its a scam email to collect your personal details.Did you reply to that email or submit any form that was in the email?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No! It even said to view payment details and I didn’t even open that

Since you do not use paypal no need to open anything in that email.

Just delete it also as a safety measure change your yahoo email password.Are you clear?

Is there anything else you like to know ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That’s all I’m suppose to do! If it tries to go through, I don’t have that much in my account!

You can also login to your paypal account and check whether there is such a bill or transaction requirement.It wont hurt.If possible please sign in to your paypal account and check it and let me know.

If you are going to do that do not use any weblink in that email to open paypal.

Use this link : - https://www.paypal.com

Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t even know how to go into paypal

Open the above paypal link i gave then use the email address you used for creating your paypal account.If you forgot the password ***** paypal then use I forgot the password ***** in the page to change/reset the password.

once password ***** ***** then access your paypal account and check it.Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Good i will be here if you need any assistance.

Let me know how it goes and if you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t feel like I owe anything for this! Why on my email does it say I owe $31.00. I didnt do anything wrong! I thought PayPal was suppose to protect you!

I already mentioned above that this is Justanswer which is a paid and independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. We do not have any tie up with any companies.I mentioned you these in the beginning and asked whether you wish to continue and you said yes that is why i spend all that time providing you help.Now you are saying that you do not owe anything for this support,if you weren't interested in this support you could have mentioned it when i asked you in the beginning.I do not have any control over billing,If you have any billing related issues contact customer service using the options in this link : - http://ww2.justanswer.com/phone

Sincerely,

John, Computer Support Specialist