The past two nights my battery has drained overnight and it…

Customer Question
The past two nights...

The past two nights my battery has drained overnight and it was fully charged night before. also the type cover closing does not put pro to sleep anymore

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Surface pro 4, win 10, has all the updates installed never had problem before now

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Surface Pro? What have you tried so far?

Past two nights

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Ran power troubleshooter, only reset time to sleep from 5 to 3 mins

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The battery may be fitted loose.

Try removing the battery from the phone, then insert it tightly again,

Let me know if that works?

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating.

Pete.