I have an external hard drive with my Lenovo backed up up…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I...

Hi Pearl. I have an external hard drive with my Lenovo backed up up on, as mine died. I am trying to figure out how to get information from the external hard drive, Especially poetry and stories my husband wrote before his passing. I am desperate to find them as the anniversary of his passing is coming up and I need to see these. Please can you help me

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?

I am not computer savy so please tell me what I am looking for

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?

I have it plugged into my HP. This is the only one I have

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just that I am so desperate to read his poetry and stories.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you connect the external hard drive to a computer, can you view it ok?

Would you like remote assistance with this?