My extender does not connect with my ASUS router. Have not…

Customer Question
My extender does not...

My extender does not connect with my ASUS router

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Have not tried that with the extender - is that the logical first step? I've been using this extender for over two years and have tired a factory reset with not success

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

The power is green. The WSp blinks after holding the switch for a few seconds. After pressing the WPS button on the counter the blinking continues for a couple of minutes and then goes off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you have tried a factory reset and the extender still won't connect then it appears to have a fault.

Can you test the extender on a different wifi network?

no

If you are unable to test the extender yourself, you can return it to the manufacturer, or replace it.