I have been unable to get into my facebook.. i no longer…

Customer Question
I have been unable...

I have been unable to get into my facebook.. i no longer have the cell phone number that it keeps sending the sms code to

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Been almost a year

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I NO longer have service on that number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm trying to get facebook on myt laptop not phone

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your Facebook. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Have you tried any other reset like an email or identify if you no longer have the number?

"browser"

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Firefox is blue with orange fox wrapped around a globe.

Chrome is red/green/yellow with a blue dot in the middle of a circle.

Edge is a dark blue small e.

Internet explorer is a small light blue e."

windows 10
windows edge
are you here

Was the password ***** or used with autofill before?

Click on Start and type in credential manager to open the program.

You’ll notice there are two categories: Web Credentials and Windows Credentials. The web credentials will have any passwords from sites that you saved while browsing in Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. Click on the down arrow and then click on the Show link.

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/find-hidden-saved-passwords-windows/

Lets try to 'find it' instead before we try to reset.

And yes, im here. I have to type all this out. I need a few moments to respond to you.

it keeps wanting to send a 6 digit code and i hve no way of getting code because i no longer have cell phone

I know this part of your issue.

Please do this to try and find it first:

the password ***** been changed
cant you just give me the 6 digit code to get nto face book

Ok,

You can fill out the form to recover it, or you can try use friends.

https://www.facebook.com/help/132243923516844?helpref=faq_content

You can also try this to identify yourself by email to try to recover if you have access to that.

https://www.facebook.com/login/identify

i trust no one to give my info to

Ok, then you can put in for a refund here as that is how you get your account back if you want.

Did you try the second link i sent you by trying to confirm with your email ?

its not sending code in my email

If you use this link? Put in the email on your facebook that you have attached.

Do you see any other options for that email to get that code?

Also, you have to do this once every few minutes. If you keep requesting codes, it will lock you out.

Look all in that email. It may be under trash, spam, inbox, junk etc. If it is the correct email, they will send a code

i thought this was only 5.00 now its tellimh me in email the cost is more like 47.
i am asking for a complete refund