I am trying to sign up, but used my land phone for a phone…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to sign up, but used my land phone for a phone number which cannot accept code necessary to complete sign up

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Can always use my land phone. Need to change sign up app to my mobile number

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No, don't even know what you are talking about. No factory reset. Just want to change phone number on my new app

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

What does smartphone have to do with signup up?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me which app it is that you are setting up?

I am trying to sign up for uber rides. I am 78 years old and not too swift about computers. help

Thanks. I'll transfer your question over to the Uber experts. You'll receive an email notification

when one responds. Thank you.

Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach another company. JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with the company you are trying to reach. I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question. Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.

Cancel $39. Cancel $48. You are not connected to Uber. You are a fraud.
Get me customer care. Someone has to be responsible for this mess.