I just need a microsoft account in order to set up a Skype…

Customer Question
I just need a...

I just need a microsoft account in order to set up a Skype account.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

At least 3-4 years ago, since which time I closed my hotmail account. My Skype screen name still exists however.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

Had forgotten my skype password ***** last using it. Used my phone # to change my password, signed on using the new password (three tries with extreme care) and it won't sign me on. The skype site says I have to have a microsoft account and I don't have one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Do you remember your Skype ID?

I used my email address:***@******.***

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly?

I already have set up a Microsoft account using the email address I sent you earlier. But I still can't use it to sign into skype. For starters, on the very first "Hello!" page, it states MY name, next to the "little person" icon ; after my name, it says "Edit name". Is my name, therefore, my Microsoft account name?

Can you send me the screenshot?

I'm working on it.
Screen Shot copy.pdf
I sent the screen shot as a PDF file. If that didn't work I can send it as a jpg.

Send it as jpg