Windows update fail and will restart download over and over.

Customer Question
Windows update fail and...

Windows update fail and will restart download over and over. I am on a metered network and has lost lots and lots of data. I have windows 10 pro build 10240 installed

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

This is a lenovo E530 laptop

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your E530? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, but this problem is there for since October 2017 and I cannot resolve the issues

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

My other laptop (Acer) just updated without a hitch.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your update. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

When you say it keeps starting download, can you get into the windows 10 at all or is it on start up and it just keeps saying

updating?

Can you get to your desktop?