It won't turn on. I press the power button, the power light…

Customer Question
It won't turn on...

It won't turn on. I press the power button, the power light shows for 20 seconds, no screen comes up, then the power light goes off

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

Nothing is happening other than the little power light activating for 20 seconds.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Brand Lenovo, s/n PFOGN17R. MO PF9XB6203089. Where do I find the OS?

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I haven't used the computer for about 3 weeks & m using my other one for this. It wasn't working when I tried to open it yesterday. I charged it overnight & I've tried holding the power button for 60 seconds

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to start it up.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/30/2017
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Does it show that its charging when you plug in the power cable?

No, no light are on, but the charger & computer warm up so seem to be working
no-one can connect as it won't turn on and is therefore not connected to the internet!

Okay.

Unplug the power cable from the laptop and remove the battery

I can't get to the battery it is encased & requires a specialised tool

Can you give me the model no of your computer?

Brand Lenovo ideapad MIIX 700-121SK, Model name 80QLs/n PFOGN17R. MO PF9XB6203089

Remove the screen from the base

Already done that

Do you have a power button on that screen?

A power light comes on the screen for 20 seconds when you attempt to turn it on but the screen stays black/blank & the computer does not turn on. There is no light to show when the power is plugged in

You told that you tried pressing down the power button for 60sec. Did you do that while the screen was fixed to the base or without it?

With it. I now will try it without it
tried that & it didn't work

Go ahead and try it

I tried it with the power plugged in & without the power plugged in

I want you to remove the power cable and press and hold the power button.

If the display or power indication light comes on when holding the power button, hold it down until the screen or the power light goes off.

I've done all that. Yesterday I held it on & the power light goes off after 20 seconds but still held it for 60 seconds with & without the power plugged in. Held it on until the power light goes off after 20 seconds, with & without the power plugged in. Tried all of those with & without the keypad attached. Charged it overnight & did it all again today & then also most of it while on chat with you

In that case, there is nothing more i can offer.

I will go ahead and opt out of this question so that another expert will help you better.

Have a nice day.

Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hello, I see the previous expert has left the conversation.

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

Please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this?