I applied for and paid for a year of Microsoft security app.

Customer Question
I applied for and...

I applied for and paid for a year of Microsoft security app. earlier this year. Do I need to also renew my Norton security, or is it merely a duplication of the same type of security. Also, when does the Microsoft renewal come. Thank You.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Norton Security?

February 21, 2017.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Norton Security?

What do you mean? I don't have a problem or claim with Norton. I just wonder if the Microsoft security program that I have is duplicated by the Norton program. Please explain the security program I purchased for about $145 with Microsoft earlieer this year. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

What I want to know is: 1) what security did I purchase from Microsoft earlier this year when Microsoft debugged my computer; 2) is the Norton security program which I last renewed on Feb. 21, 2017, merely a duplicate of the Microsoft program that I purchsed earlier this year. There's no point of renewing the Norton program if it is merely a duplication of your Microsoft security program which I purchased earlier this year.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your security issue. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

What are you using those security measures on?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

I am going to advise you to drop one or the other. You should only have one antivirus running at a time if you purchased both

Norton and One from Microsoft. They will 'fight' each other when they run at the same to and block many websites as well

as allow things to slip in while they are battling for dominance. Also, if you are running Windows defender and it is turned on

with both those running? That is yet a 3rd contender.

Please reply when ready to continue.

I think it's windows 7 or maybe 8. I'm not sure.

Then you will have windows essentials with 7 and windows defender on 8.

I know it seems like having 2 will be more and more protection, but it isnt. They conflict when running together.

You are paying to much unnecessarily.

I advise you to shut down/stop payment on one or the other.

Please advise what it is that you need today. And i will help you.

I paid for a year's trouble shoot and virus protection during the last year. Why should I have to pay $36 for more just to find out what I bought and when it expires, and that it just duplicates what I already had with Norton. They never explained the duplication when I bought it. The Microsoft cleaning and protection that I purchased last year was represented to cover a whole year's time, and that if any problem occurred during the year that Microsoft would correct it. Now you want more to answer my questions. Why should I rely on Microsoft? I'll drop Microsoft and won't renew it. Robert Bakes

You are more than welcome to go to microsoft if you are able too and if they are not able to help you, you can always reply here

when done. I am a tech. I only see your issues as they come in. Not fees or agreements. Only customer service can see that side of your

account. I advise you take this up with Microsoft first.

If you do not want to troubleshoot, that is ok. I will take other clients and wait for your decision. I will be on late today.

Customer service:

ww2.justanswer.com/phone

This is for a refund link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0