Says my printer is in error mode or something and i can't…

Customer Question
Says my printer is...

Says my printer is in error mode or something and i can't print. scanner won't work either

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure and not sure how i do that!! lol

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Well, not sure if this is important, but i have a warranty on my hp printer, i simply want it to work, however

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/29/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Please remember to rate my help today by clicking 5 stars at the top of the page before you leave the session today.

What is the make and model of your printer?

What error code are you seeing?

Thanks Mike

hp envy 4500 and instant ink says having trouble printing
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago

Thankyou and as a side note - please ignore the requests for premium services. they are computer generated.. They MAY be needed but not at this time... We need to look at hardware side first..

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago

Please start off by removing the ink from your printer then turn it off and unplug it from main power for 5 minutes

After 5 mins, reinstall the carts and see if the error has gone please

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago

if the error is still present after you take the ink out and put back in, please click HERE which will download the Hp print and scan doctor program which will help to fix the issue at hand. Run the program after the download and let me know the results please

Says there’s a problem with the printer driver And things appear to be kind of squeaky inside
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
That’s very odd.. can you please download the latest driver and see if that does anything? I am a little concerned about the squeak. Let me know if that gets any worse.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-4500-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5304875/model/5304876
How do I download the driver? Sorry not real techie
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
Copy and paste that link I posted above. Choose your computer operating system and select the driver for your system. Sometimes it will auto detect your system
I’m just going to buy a new printer I have had so much trouble with this one and the scanner hasn’t worked for months ! Thanks for trying to help just make sure I don’t get any charges
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
If you would like a refund I will not be paid for any of my time. What would you like to do? I can send this to customer service if you wish
Whatever works Mike I just don’t want any charges ! I’m not mad, I’m just discouraged with HP and the printer/scanner