It's my iPhone 6s everytime i do an update i get locked out…

Customer Question
It's my iPhone 6s...

It's my iPhone 6s everytime i do an update i get locked out of my phone they want numbers to sign in which i have no idea why

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have no idea

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes i need to use my phone

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

I am assuming the "numbers" that are being asked of you on your iphone is the "passcode" which is 4 to 6 digits. If you are not sure on what this passcode is then the only way to bypass this would be to putting the phone into recovery mode and then doing a restore with your computer using itunes. However, doing this erases the data on the phone but if you have a backup in icloud or in your itunes, you can always apply this after you are done. Here is what to do:

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. This is the most important step. See pic attached.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.