Well i was online a little while ago and my computer froze a…

Customer Question
Well i was online...

Well i was online a little while ago and my computer froze a little bit. So I clicked on the mouse a bunch of times thinking it would fix the issue and then i restarted my computer and now i cant open anything on it. I have a windows computer. i dont know what to do.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and version of Windows of your computer?

Toshiba, Satellite C655, windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

I restarted my computer thinking it'd fix it but it didnt.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want my computer fixed.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/29/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your computer will work normally again.

Try these steps please> Remove the battery, then disconnect the power cord and any other externally connected devices and usb cables, then Press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Then reinsert the battery and try powering on normally by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds.

Let me know if any changes occur.

just know that im on a different computer and not my laptop. Can you still connect from a desktop on to a laptop computer and fix the problem?

no, I will need access to the Laptop.

Try the forced reboot steps first please.

i took the battery out without actually shutting down the computer? will that be an issue?

no, that is fine.

how can you connect to my laptop and fix the issue if im on a desktop computer?

I cant, I will need access to the Laptop.

did the reboot complete?

how will you be able to access my laptop if i cant get anything to work? i see a button that says securely connect. would that connect to a laptop?

no, those are just automated offer options in case you need them.

how long am i supposed to keep the battery out before putting it back in? i kept it out for a few seconds and then put it back in.

that is good.

i clicked on an icon on my computer and nothing happened.

okay, can you click on the start menu?

i cant click on anything on my computer. what would u need in order to access my laptop and fix the issue?

you will need to be able access the laptop in order to for me to connect remotely.

Try pressing the windows key on the keyboard.

did that. now what?

did the windows menu come up?

it did. clicked the windows icon on my computer and it opened the start menu on my computer.

okay, with the menu open, try pressing the up arrow a few times and see if the highlighted area moves up in the list of programs.

i did that and the highlighted area moves up each time i click on the up arrow. Now what do you want me to do?

okay, that sounds like an issue with the trackpad. Do you have a mouse that you can connect to the laptop?

when i click on the up arrow, each of the choices in the menu arent supposed to get highlighted as i go up or what? and no i do not. the computer did not come with one.

yes, that is what should happen when using the keyboard.

That is why I think the trackpad is not working properly. The trackpad should let you click on the icons and open them. If the keyboard is functioning on the computer then that means the computer operating system is working properly.

Does the mouse(cursor)move when you scroll with the trackpad?

no it doesnt move when im using the trackpad. what is the trackpad? how can u connect to my computer and fix the issue? i really need my computer to work.
whats it mean when you cant open anything on your computer?

the trackpad is the part of the computer that you use to move the cursor. I think you may have accidentally disabled the trackpad.

it works when i dont have anything open,yet when i have the start menu open i dont think it'll work. how do i get this to work and my computer to work again too?

try this please>Press and hold the Fn key and tap F9 once

what will that do? i did that and i tried to move the pad on the laptop and it didnt do anything. is that whats supposed to happen? am i pressing two or three buttons?

two buttons, if the trackpad was disabled then that would enable it again.

i did it and the curser doesnt move anymore. was that what was supposed to happen or no?

press fn and f9 again and see if the cursor will move again

yeah it moves again now.
if the cursor moves again does that mean the trackpad works?

yes, the movement part seems to be working. What happens when you tap or press on the corner to click on an icon?

i click on anything on my computer and still nothing happens. what would u need in order to connect to my computer and fix this for me?

I would need you to open an email on that computer.

i cant do that if i cant open my web browser. what do i have to do in order to get something to open up?

see if you can get to the control panel using the keyboard, you can highlight with the arrow keys and then choose by pressing the enter key.

Start>Control Panel>Mouse>Device Settings>Settings>Tapping

i try clicking on the device settings option and nothing happens. its like i cant access it at all.
i try clicking on the settings option under device settings and nothing happens. please fix my computer so that i dont have to buy another one.
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello, new expert here. I have read your discussion and it sounds like you are unable to click anything is that correct? Are you using the laptops track pad?