I need your help, my i phone is a 8+ i have a beard neww i…

Customer Question
Hello i need your...

Hello i need your help

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

My i phone is a 8+ i have a beard neww i mac

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac? What about your iPhone?

I have a 8+

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried with your iMac?

I just swapped out phones last night and my google authenticator is not working properly its not letting me log into any of my accounts except gmail

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need help activating my old google aunthicator

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

If you use the google authenticator but are using a new phone here is what you need to do:

Step 1: Install Google Authenticator on your new phone

1. Open Google Play or the Apple App Store on your new phone.
  2. Search for "Authenticator" and install the Google Authenticator application.

Step 2: Change your 2-Step Verification settings

1. On your computer, sign in to your personal Google Account. If you're asked for a verification code, you can use a backup code.
  2. In the upper right corner of the screen, click on your name or your photo, then click My Account.
  3. Click Sign-in & security.
  4. In "Password & sign-in method," click 2-Step Verification.
  5. Enter your password. You might be asked for your verification code.
  6. Make sure your backup numbers are still correct.
  7. Under "Authenticator app" click Edit Change phone.
  8. Select the type of phone that will have the Authenticator.
  9. You'll see a screen with a barcode and a space to enter a verification code. Stay on this screen.

Step 3: Complete the transition

1. Open Google Authenticator on your new phone.
  2. Tap Begin.
  3. Tap Scan a barcode.
  4. Scan the barcode on your computer screen with your phone. If you can't scan it, tap Can't scan it and follow the instructions on the screen.
  5. You will now see a verification code on Authenticator on your new phone. Enter the code in your browser and click on Verify and Save.

Remove your Google Account from Authenticator on your old device

Although Google Authenticator installed on your old phone will continue to produce codes, these codes will no longer work.

1. On your old phone, open the Google Authenticator application.
  2. On the main screen, which contains the verification codes, locate the verification code for your Google Account.
  3. For Android devices:
    • Touch and hold the verification code.
    • Select Remove .
  4. For iOS devices:
    • Tap Edit .
    • Next to the account you want to remove, tap Delete .

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.