I have a new laptop and I forgot the microsoft password to…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new laptop and I forgot the microsoft password ***** get in. It keeps telling me I need a password ***** disk to enter a new password ***** I don't have any reset disk.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Lenovo legend Y520 running windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Lenovo? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I thought I used the same password ***** I used on my desk top but the laptop doesn't think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your login. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Do you have an email set on that computer for microsoft login?

Microsoft told me I could get this fix for $5.00

That is not accurate.

I cannot see that side of your account. Only customer service can. You can go here for more information on fees/agreements.

The five is a deposit only. Please contact them here before we continue support:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/phone